Sunday 13 February 2011

Birthday Presents

Another year older is what I became last week, hence the delay in posting!
I went away to the lake district for a lovely relaxing, musical, walking, eating, drinking medley of a time and had an ice cream cake (from my mum...what did I tell you about inheriting her importance of birthday cakes gene?). 
We stayed in the most relaxing, cosy house you could imagine. It belongs to this very talented photographer whose artistic eye goes beyond her photography. I was surrounded by my favourite things, pottery mugs, beautiful fabrics, interesting art, colour, a log fire and an aga (heaven).
If that wasn't enough, I also got some beautiful presents...



Lovely James gave me this incredible Hacker record player, isn't it brilliant? The knobs light up when it is turned on which gave me a proportionate level of joy!
Plus, I got two Kate and Anna McGarrigle LP's and a Francoise Hardy one to boot. My feet are danced out and my bed has been bounced on until it is ready for a sleep itself. phew!

What else did I get that will inspire my year? Well, my dear friends Megan and Kenny gave me THIS for some inspiration! I warn you all, you are going to be getting flowery knickers for birthdays and Christmases for years to come! I love the pink frill most of all!

I also love the present from my friend Michael, it is a bag with typography representing lyrics of a song! I still haven't guessed, so no homemade Spaghetti Vongole for me! (Please help!)

So, I am back! With puzzles, dancing and sewing! 

I'll leave you with the view from Val's window...






No comments:

Post a Comment