Wednesday 2 February 2011

I do like: Jeff Josephine

Aren't these pieces BEAUTIFUL?








My good friend Sophie Elm graduated as an Illustrator from Edinburgh college of art in 2008. Since then, she has illustrated two childrens books, as well as undertaking a variety of commissions, from wedding table names and events posters, to designing and painting tea sets and fruit bowls.

She produces a variety of work from ceramics to print based items, and is very interested in decorative design, pattern making and hand drawn typography.

All work is highly patterned, colourful, and fun!

She is currently creating new work for her own exhibition next year which I will travel the length of the UK for!

All Sophie's work is hand drawn, and hand coloured using a variety of materials. She uses the computer very little in her designs, preferring traditional methods. Inspiration comes from a variety of sources, old ceramics, typographic posters, and fabrics.

She tells me that she is driven by the possibility of making the ordinary extraordinary and I think she does just that.

If you are getting into the romantic February mood then check out her shop here for some special treats like these...
(my personal favourite, I love the soft colours, sweet birds mixed with the intricate patterns. Also, isn't her lettering pretty?)

No comments:

Post a Comment